Our Current Openings
Join Our Team
Our Current Openings
At Cooper Veterinary Clinic, we are a growing practice, and we are thrilled to be on the lookout for a new veterinarian to join our team. Our strong support staff is composed of 6 cross-collaborative team members. We have one full-time receptionist, 4 highly trained veterinary technicians, and one practice manager.
We strive to provide the highest level of care for our patients and clients. Our practice currently has digital radiology, digital dental radiology, ultrasound, and more. Our doctor believes in treating every patient as if they were our own pets.
We encourage veterinarians of all experience levels to apply as our team would love to mentor and learn from a recent graduate. Our ideal candidate would be someone who brings a sense of confidence and ambition to small animal medicine. Someone who also has some experience and interest in performing surgery would be a strong asset to our team!
At Cooper Veterinary Clinic our mission is to improve the lives of our veterinarians by providing you with comprehensive benefits:
- Generous compensation package
- Relocation and/or housing assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Leadership opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary long-term disability insurance
- 401(k)/Roth with match
- 100% Professional Liability Coverage
- Generous vacation time
- CE Allowance
- Customized mentorship plan
- Licensure reimbursement
- Relocation assistance available
About the area: Our practice is located in a very fast-growing part of town. New businesses and residential editions are being built in our area consistently, which is continuing to grow our practice and bring in new clients. Lubbock is a growing community, with a very small-town feel to it. The people are friendly, honest, passionate, and very down-to-earth. The area is a great place to settle down and start a family as there are always events or activities such as sports games or concerts scheduled to attend. There are also many surrounding lakes and parks to enjoy a nice hike, camping trip, or outdoor adventure!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
About Cooper Veterinary Clinic
This hospital is a proud partner with Heartland Veterinary Partners. We are a Veterinary Support Organization that acquires, invests in, and partners with leading veterinarians throughout the Midwest. Many experienced veterinarians are facing increasingly complex administrative burdens and challenges. Heartland Veterinary Partners relieves administrative headaches and provides the DVM/VMD with the flexibility to focus on providing excellent clinical care in a nurturing environment. Heartland Veterinary Partners offers graduating veterinarians an opportunity to launch their medical careers in a patient-focused environment with exposure to industry-leading veterinarians and healthcare executives. We remove administrative burdens to provide graduating veterinarians the ability to focus on patient care while maximizing their potential to become clinical leaders.
- Assisting doctors in the rooms for exams
- Vaccine preparation, restraint for lab work and treatments,
- Performing treatments on outpatients
- Triaging emergency cases
- Expressing anal glands and performing nail trims
- Sending out lab work and performing in-house blood work using lab equipment
- Setting up and performing radiographs
- Client communication and basic GP education
- Stocking and cleaning exam rooms and hallway
- Knowledge of common medication and filling medications
- Ability of administering subcutaneous fluids and injections
- Familiar with administering intramuscular injections and intravenous injections and placing intravenous catheter (or able to learn with training).
- Familiar with the recovery procedures for post surgical/anesthetized patients.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Veterinary experience: 1 year (Preferred)